Wednesday, August 6, 2014

fresh start


I'm finally doing it!
I have been playing with the idea of breaking up with my old blog, (aka turning it into more of a private journal) and starting over fresh. I have been in a blogging rut for the past year (or two...) and am hoping that a brand new space will make me more excited and inspired to write and create and share. I want to be happy with all of the content that I put on here, because in the past, that hasn't always been the case. Let's be honest, past Anna embarrasses me sometimes... (we've all been there, right?) (right?) (Bueller?) (cliché movie reference anyone?) And no, that's not a secret way of saying that I'm going to try and make it seem like I have a perfect life. Because I don't. And everyone knows it. Because NOBODY has a perfect life. (hard as it is to believe sometimes.) I know that some people get all up in arms about those who do decide to portray their lives like that, and I get it. I've been there. I've seen those people who seem to have mastered every facet of everything you can only dream of doing and being. Those people who's imperfections don't actually seem like imperfections and, even on their "bad days", look better than you on a good day. I'm just saying that I feel like I have the right to pick and choose what I put out there into the internet universe. And I am choosing to only put content out that makes me happy. Because, as we all know, but too often forget, happiness is key.

One thing that makes me happy and that I am very grateful for, is that technology was not quite so advanced back when I was a teenager. As much as I love my smart phone and Instagram and other social networking sites, I'm glad that I didn't have them in Jr. high and high school. (with the exception of Facebook which I got four months before I graduated.) I'm glad that I got to live in the age of chunky Nokia phones that you could play Snake on. And then later, flip phones, where the coolest thing ever was just the fact that you could text, and if you were lucky, have a camera! (on which you could take tiny pixelated selfies before selfies were actually a thing.) And, crazy as it seems, I'm glad that I got to experience the terror and anxiety of having to call my crush on their parent's land line and then trying to play it cool when a family member answered and I had to ask for them. And judging by my very first blog, I can't even imagine how awkward and embarrassing my Instagram feed would have been as a 13, 14, 15 or even 16 year old! I don't know how kids these days do it. 

I guess what I'm getting at is this; I'm glad for my life. Past, present and future. And I'm excited for a fresh start in the blogging world.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your new blog journey- I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete